Membership in MMA is an indication of your commitment to excellence in Mississippi’s museums. Individuals are welcome to join MMA at a membership fee of $15 per year. Museums and institution memberships begin at $20. We offer many benefits to our members including:
- Annual Conference and Meeting – Held each February/March, the annual meeting provides networking opportunities, learn about the value of museums and informative workshops.
Previous conference host museums/cities/years:
Crossroads Museum, Corinth, 2012
Lauren Rogers Museum of Art, Laurel, 2013
Oren Dunn Museum, Tupelo, 2014
Historic Natchez Foundation, Natchez, 2015
Ohr-O’ Keefe Museum of Art, Biloxi Beach, 2016
Grand Village of Natchez, Natchez, 2017
Museum of Mississippi History/Mississippi Civil Rights Museum, Jackson, 2018
Mississippi Industrial Heritage Museum, Meridian, 2019
- Fulfill requirements – Certain grant opportunities require you or your museum to have membership in your state museum organization.
- Scholarships – Receive a $500 scholarship to attend SEMC’s Annual Conference and/or SEMC’s JIMI (Jekyll Island Management Institute).
- Discounts – Receive discounts with Gaylord Brothers, a museum and archival supply company.
- Website – Inclusion as a feature museum on the MMA website. MMA members also receive discounts to website design, graphic design, logo design and social media assistance.
To join MMA, click here to download the form and mail it along with a check to the address below:
Mississippi Museums Association
P.O. Box 638
Jackson, MS. 39205