Director of Development
The Mississippi Arts + Entertainment Experience (The MAX), Meridian, Mississippi
The Mississippi Arts + Entertainment Experience (The MAX) is seeking a positive, energetic, experienced, and organized individual for the full-time position of Director of Development. The Director of Development will lead the organization’s fundraising efforts in support of the institutional mission. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of nonprofit fundraising and demonstrates the ability to work well with people and effectively develops, cultivates and maintains relationships across the organization and in the community. Experience in the non-profit sector is required. Museum experience is ideal, but not required.
The Director of Development will implement a strategic approach to fundraising, which will include: a comprehensive plan for donor and membership development, major gifts, corporate and foundation donations, grant writing and solicitations, fundraising events, membership events and in-kind resources. The Director of Development is expected to expand and diversify The MAX’s donor base and work closely with the Board of Directors to nurture relationships, steward current donors and forge new connections that will build on The MAX’s visibility, secure funding and stability for operations and programs. The Director of Development will oversee a future capital campaign and raise a determined amount annually in operational and other designated funds.
• Six or more years of proven professional experience for a nonprofit, including supervisory experience, developing and implementing a significant and successful fundraising effort
• Bachelor’s degree required; Masters’ Degree preferred
• Demonstrated success in managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources
• Knowledge of broad base of principles for fundraising and planned giving, as well as best practices/ethical standards
• The ability to communicate the Mississippi Arts + Entertainment Experience’s mission and interests to a broad audience with genuine enthusiasm
• Excellent writing, speaking, and organizational skills are fundamental to this position
• Proficiency with budgeting and fiscal oversight
• Accountability, attention to detail, and the ability to complete assignments in a fast-paced environment is needed
• Ability to work both collaboratively as a team and independently, as projects require
Posted May 22, 2020
To add a job posting, please contact us.